- 5 Shoulder to overhead 115/75#
- 10 Deadlift
- 15 Box jumps, 24/20”
Optional Strength Work: Back Squat
- 2x 3 @ 70/80% then Max Reps @ 90%
- 5x 10 Sit Ups OR Back Ext
Post loads and results to www.ironmajorcrossfit.com.
- 10 Tuck Jumps
- 10 Broad Jumps
Coach's Notes. Standard start times of 0545, 0630, 0800. Warm up prior and be ready to 3, 2, 1...Go!
WOD: This WOD is from the 2013 Crossfit Open; so you know it’s a good one!
- For the Shoulder to overhead, the barbell moves from the shoulders to the overhead position with the knees, hips and shoulders extended in one line. You may use a press, jerk or snatch.
- Using the same bar, perform your Deadlifts. Ensure you start with a good set-up; maintaining your lumbar curve, keeping your weight in your heels and having your shoulders slightly in front of the bar. For the lift, be conscious of your hips and shoulders rising at the same time as your keep the bar in contact with your legs throughout the movement and open your hips with straight knees at the top.
- For box jumps, start with two feet on the ground and come to a standing position with knees and hips extended on top of the box. You may jump or step up.
Tips: Here is a video to get more tips for 13.2 @ http://games.crossfit.com/workouts/the-open/2013
Optional Strength Work: For week 2 of the Wendler mesocycle, the % of your max is going up with the rep scheme down from 3 to 5. The 3rd set you should go all out, finding your max set.
- Here is a video for some tips on the Backsquat: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vm7fQIqM9XU