Buy In: 800m Run
- Squat Cleans 135/95#
- Ring Dips
Buy Out: 800m Run
- Deadlift 1 Rep Max
Post loads and results to www.ironmajorcrossfit.com.
Coach's Notes. Normal start times of 0545, 0630, and 0800. Warm up prior and be ready to 3, 2, 1...Go!
Squat Cleans (catch in squat position): Watch this video for coaching tips on the squat clean (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7A-QEbSMhJs) Remember the following for each rep:
- Conceptually you are deadlifting the bar until it reaches your upper thighs
- On the first pull, shoulders stay in front of the bar, back stays flat with chest up, extend at knee, shins perpendicular to the ground.
- Without stopping the upward momentum of the bar, aggressively shrug the shoulders, elbows stay straight, explosive jump as you drive onto your forefoot; extending hips, knees and ankles.
- On the Catch, receive the bar in the squat position, the bar is supported on shoulders with elbows pointing forward, keeping a lumbar curve and the knees and feet are in line
- Each Rep starts with the shoulders touching the tops of the rings with the feet off the ground
- Each Rep stops with elbows locked out vertically and feet off the ground
Deadlift: Time to test that one rep max. Make sure to input your new PR on your Athlete profile when registering for the 2015 Open. Partner up in teams of 3 and work your way up to your max. Start around 65% and move up the ladder using the 3-2-2-1-1 model. Using three people ensure you get some rest between attempts.