- Jump rope 2-3 mins
2 rounds of:
- 10 air squats
- 10 GHD hip extensions
- 10 light kettle bell swings
- 5-7 mins individual focus as desired
WOD: 15 Minute AMRAP:
- 10 Single-Leg Squats (pistols)
- 20 One-arm Kettlebell swings. Alternate arms at 10 reps, eye-level, 53/35
- 30 Double Unders
Here’s a good pistol progression tutorial. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CYa2NysEmF8
You might also perform single leg box step ups. If you’ve never practiced single arm KB swings, practice a few with a light weight to get a feel for how much this version taxes your grip, shoulders, and core, then choose a weight you can manage for 20 reps. Fight to keep your chest and shoulders square. Do not twist to accommodate the force of the bell. As with all AMRAPs, this one is an exercise in pacing and mental toughness. Most of you can get through the first round unbroken. Great. How long until you need to start partitioning the reps? If you are partitioning by the third round, you probably should have been partitioning from the start. Invariably unplanned rests get longer and cost seconds. Plan and strive to maintain a steady effort across the time frame for a better score.
Lying on the floor:
- Hamstring stretch (20-30 secs each leg)
- Lumbar stretch (pull knees to chest, holding knees just below knee caps, press lumbar region into floor while gently rocking side to side, 20-30 secs)
- Butterfly stretch (20-30 secs), then
- Couch stretch (20 -30 secs each leg)
- Child’s pose (10 deep breaths)
- Finish with foam roller as needed
Post complete and partial rounds to Comments.
- Coach's Notes – Normal start times of 0530, 0630 and 1600. Warm up prior and be ready to 3, 2, 1...Go!
- On Ramp – 10 Dec 16 @ 0830